More and more consumers are becoming actively engaged in maintaining their overall health and wellness. As obesity and heart disease rates continue to rise among all age categories, supported by research that shows the diseases' link to improper diet and exercise, consumers are seeking ways to live a healthier lifestyle. Better nutrition has never been more important, and this increased awareness of nutrition and healthier eating is a key driver in the development of functional foods and healthy food products.
Solae's soy ingredients play an integral role in the health and wellness market, because they have many nutritional benefits
- High-quality, plant-based protein, equivalent in protein quality to that of meat, dairy and eggs
- As a high-quality protein source, soy protein supports muscle development, sustained energy and satiety
- Lactose-free, dairy-free, relevant to certain consumer targets with lactose intolerance or dairy protein allergy
- Heart-healthy and cholesterol-free, supported by FDA heart-health claim
- Low in saturated fat and refined carbohydrates
In food and beverage systems designed for health and wellness, Solae's soy proteins also deliver economic benefits
versus other protein sources, as well as greater supply and price stability. In addition, Solae's research and development team
of food, nutrition and flavor scientists works with food processors to help guide them on the use of Solae's ingredients to achieve the best taste and end product performance. This team, as experts in the food ingredient market, can also provide segment and consumer insights
, helping food companies develop appropriate marketing and positioning within the category. Whether the product is a nutrition bar/beverage or a meat replacement product, Solae's team can ensure the right solution for any health and wellness application category.